Halton Recycling Ltd. dba Emterra Group and our affiliated companies control the data collected when you interact with Emterra Group. Our contact information is found at the end of this policy. Third-party providers engaged by us may also process and store certain data that we collect.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Emterra Sites may contain links to websites and other resources operated by third parties other than Emterra Group, including social media websites. We do not control the collection of data on these websites, and are not responsible for the content of such third party websites or the privacy practices of such third parties. Your use of third party websites is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the third party.
We may collect personal information in connection with your use of the Emterra Sites or your purchase of our products and services. Our collection and storage of your personal information depends on our interaction with you and how you use the Emterra site.
We may also collect information that is not personal information because it cannot be used to identify you directly or indirectly. This may include aggregated data such as the frequency of user visits to the Emterra Sites, the routes by which users access the Emterra Sites and use of any hyperlinks available on the Emterra Sites. Emterra Group may process and use this aggregate data for various purposes including, but not limited to, analyzing this data for trends and statistics, developing the Emterra Sites and its features and offerings, assessing patterns of use or planning and evaluating marketing initiatives.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
By providing us with information, you consent to our collection and use of that information for the purpose for which you provided it. It may also be necessary for us to process the information you provide to do something at your request (e.g., to complete a purchase, to send you newsletters).
Information that you may provide us with directly may include:
- Your name, user name, email and password when you register for an account on the Emterra Sites;
- Your age, telephone number, date of birth, gender, personal preferences, purchase history and other information that you add to your account profile;
- Your name and email address when you subscribe to newsletters or other marketing materials;
- Your name, address, and credit card information when you complete a purchase;
- Your name, email address, purchase history, other details you provide and a copy of your communications when you contact our customer service team;
- Your personal preferences and opinions when you respond to consumer survey requests, or other requests for your opinion, preferences or suggestions;
- Your name, age, address and social media handles when you participate in contests, sweepstakes and other promotions on our website or our social channels; and
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, work history, and other details you provide if you submit a job application.
By submitting personal information to Emterra Group, you represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including any personal information of another individual that you provide to us.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
Information that we collect automatically when you use the Emterra Sites may include:
- Device information, such as whether you are using a mobile phone, tablet or computer and what type it is;
- Your IP address and general location as disclosed by your IP address;
- The frequency of user visits to the Emterra Sites;
- The use of hyperlinks available on the Emterra Sites;
- Which pages you view on the Emterra Sites and how long you stay on each one;
- Whether you accessed the Emterra Sites through one of our advertisements;
- Which products you have purchased, obtained or considered on the Emterra Sites;
Like many websites, Emterra Group uses “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Emterra Sites. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally.
Cookies help us improve the Emterra Sites, optimize your experience, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Emterra Sites. If you disable cookies from your browser, certain features of the Emterra Sites will be disabled.
Emterra Group may use automatically collected data for various purposes including analyzing trends and statistics, assessing patterns of use, developing and diagnosing problems on the Emterra Sites or our servers, planning and evaluating marketing initiatives, and optimizing your experience on the Emterra Sites. This information is not used to inform decisions about individuals, only to understand how different categories of users interact with the Emterra Sites. To the extent that any information can be linked to your IP address to identify you, we will treat it as personal information.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to provide services you have requested, including:
- Completing, modifying and cancelling purchases;
- Contacting you about your account or your orders;
- Maintaining your user account;
- Registering you in contests that you enter and awarding you prizes;
- Processing and responding to your job application;
- Responding to communications you send, including to our customer service team;
- Sending you marketing newsletters and other materials that you consent to receiving; and
- Any other purpose to which you consent.
Other Business Interests
We may use your information to carry out legitimate activities related to our business, including:
- Understanding, improving and enhancing our existing products and services, including the Emterra Sites;
- Establishing commercial relationships necessary for the performance of the Emterra Sites, including to process transactions, store data, and administer the Emterra Sites;
- Verifying access to your user account;
- Offering, developing and selling products or services;
- Troubleshooting problems with the Emterra Sites;
- Customizing your experience on the Emterra Sites;
- Detecting and protecting Emterra Group and third-parties from error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity;
- Auditing our compliance with this policy and other contractual and legal obligations;
- Developing and managing our business and operations;
- Developing, enhancing, marketing, selling or providing information about products or services;
- Customizing advertisements and marketing communications;
- Monitoring your use of the Emterra Sites to ensure the safety and security of data and to detect security breaches;
- Engaging in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Emterra Group;
- Complying with any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Protecting the rights of Emterra Group or third-parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information.
We may disclose your information to third-parties in certain circumstances with your consent, as required by law or in furtherance of legitimate business purposes, including to the following third-parties:
- Service providers and vendors that we hire to provide services on our behalf, including website management, data processing, payment processing and delivering promotional materials;
- Our own subsidiaries or affiliates;
- Counterparties in business transactions, including any type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Emterra Group;
- Professional legal, financial, insurance or other advisors in connection with business transactions, legal claims or other legal, tax and accounting matters;
- Government authorities if necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal process or to protect the safety of any person or their rights (including fraud investigations).
We will only provide third-parties with the personal information they require to complete their work.
To the extent that these countries do not have equal or better data protection laws to your jurisdiction, we will take steps necessary to implement appropriate legal mechanisms, including contractual safeguards and data protection policies. However, while in another jurisdiction, your personal information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and administrative bodies of that jurisdiction.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use physical, technological and administrative procedures to protect the personal information that we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and facilitate the appropriate use of information. However, Internet or wireless transmissions are never completely secure and there is a chance that the messages or information you send may be read or intercepted by others. If you have specific questions about the security of personal information we collect, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is your responsibility to keep your account password and information (including your credit card information) secure. You should not share them with anyone else and you may want to consider disabling automatic log-in. Contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or other security breach.
The Emterra Sites are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
If you consent to receive promotional communications from us and later want to stop receiving these communications, you can unsubscribe using the link provided in each broadcast email. You may also have the right to restrict, object to or withdraw your consent for specific processing activities.
You are entitled to request information about the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information in certain circumstances. We will make reasonable efforts to provide this information, subject to exceptions provided by law.
You may also be entitled to request: (a) to receive your personal information in a commonly used electronic format to facilitate the transfer of your information to another service provider, (b) to have your personal information erased, or (c) to correct or update inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date personal information held by Emterra Group.
REQUESTS, QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
If you have questions or inquiries relating to our privacy practices or procedures, or want to make a request concerning your personal information, please write to Emterra Group’s Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer at the email address provided below:
1122 Pioneer Road
Canada L7M 1K4
Attention: Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer